Possible Calendar Change

When the calendar was originally set, the final outing of the year (our kayak trip) was scheduled to occur on the weekend following the last day of school.  This allowed us to plan for a 3-day, 2-night paddle giving the Scouts a more exciting adventure for the last trip of the year.

As the school year was extended to account for the number of snow days this past winter, the last day of school is now after the scheduled dates for the kayak trip.  If we hold the trip dates, this will limit us to a 2-day, 1-night trip and also somewhat restrict us in terms of location.

I am considering pushing the trip dates out by one week – from June 19th to June 26th.  This will allow us to look again at a longer trip.

I need to hear from parents and Scouts on whether or not this would conflict with your schedules and whether you are planning on joining us for this last trek of the year.  Please send me an email or see me at next week’s meeting.

I need to finalize on the dates by the end of next week, so I need your feedback before then.  Even if you are not planning on attending the trip, I would appreciate hearing from you nonetheless.

Follow the link below for a teaser of what might be the setting for the longer trip …

This sounds like a fun trip …