Storm & Trip Update

In case you haven’t heard, we’re supposed to get snow this weekend … a LOT of snow!!  While it would be super fun to go snowshoeing in .. you know .. snow, we would still have to get ourselves from Westford to Franconia on Saturday morning.

BOSTON BLIZZZRDFor those of you too young to remember the Blizzard of ’78, here’s a little reminder of what a wicked big stawm looks like in Boston.

The latest forecasts have now extended the blizzard warning through the morning on Saturday until 1:00 pm Saturday afternoon.  The snowfall will start tapering off by mid-morning, but the forecast calls for continued high winds with blowing and drifting snow until early afternoon. Further north, the winter storm warning remains in effect until 4:00 pm on Saturday.

While there still may be some shift in the forecast timeline, if the current forecast model holds up I’m afraid it will be necessary to cancel the trip on Saturday. The snowshoeing would be awesome, but the driving would just be too hazardous to risk the safety of the Scouts.

For those with their own snowshoes or cross country skis, I can pretty much guarantee there will be plenty of snow to go walking on in your own back yard. The views might not be as pretty, but it’s still a great time to get outside and take advantage of a whole pile of fresh snow!

I will send out another update tomorrow, but it is looking pretty grim for the trip.

Everyone stay safe and warm tomorrow!!